WBC 2020 Status Special Newsletter
From: Ken Gutermuth (conventiondirectorboardgamers.org)
Date: Sat, 9 May 2020 17:15:28 -0700 (PDT)
WBC 2020 Status

I hope this note finds you and your families safe and healthy as many, if
not all, of you have all been affected by some type of stay at home for a
while now.

The BPA Board has been monitoring the COVID-19 situation and determined
that, based on the current Phases of recovery being issued by most states in
the USA, including Pennsylvania, WBC 2020 will be cancelled.  Based on this,
the impacts on reservations with Seven Springs and your 2020 BPA Membership
are below.  The board is still discussing the impact on other areas,
including, but not limited to, WBC 2021 events, 2020 Awards, PBeM
Tournaments, and the BPA Annual Meeting.  As we finalize these topics, I
will include the results in our future monthly newsletters.

In regards to reservations related to WBC 2020 with Seven Springs, beginning
on Monday, May 11, 2020, Seven Springs will begin cancelling all WBC
reservations and refunding the deposits made on those reservations.  There
is no need for you to call the resort to cancel your reservation.

For 2020 BPA Memberships, the Board has passed a motion to have all
Sustaining and Higher Level Memberships become two year memberships to
include 2020 and 2021, including admission to WBC 2021 that was included
with your membership.  Associate memberships for PBeM tournaments will
remain a one year membership for 2020 only.  The current membership period
and rates that were to expire on June 15, 2020 will be extended to June 15,
2021.  If a member, based on their situation, wishes to get a refund of
their membership, they should send a note to me at
<mailto:conventiondirector [at] boardgamers.org>
conventiondirector [at] boardgamers.org to request the refund.

If you have any questions on this, please reach out to me at the above email
address and I will get back to you as soon as I can.  We are looking at
compiling some of the frequently asked questions and posting them in either
the Director's Chair or the Tenth Seat to communicate these questions and
answers to our membership.

Ken Gutermuth

Executive Director

Boardgame Players Association