March Newsletter #2
From: Ken Gutermuth (conventiondirectorboardgamers.org)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 08:21:59 -0700 (PDT)
March 2019 Newsletter #2

MEMBERSHIP RATES INCREASE IN 7 DAYS: The BPA annual membership drive
continues but prices will increase on April 1, 2019.  If you still want to
get the lower rates, you must complete and submit the online application at
http://www.boardgamers.org/forms/MemberForm.shtml and submit payment via
Paypal or check.  To receive the price before it increases, the form and the
payment must be submitted before April 1 (Paypal payment sent or check
postmarked before April 1, 2019).  A list of the current members as of March
24, 2019 can be found at http://www.boardgamers.org/wbc19/prereg.html .
Only those members who have completed the membership form and submitted
payment are on the list.  If you have any questions on the list, please
contact the convention director at conventiondirector [at] boardgamers.org
<mailto:conventiondirector [at] boardgamers.org>  .

Online membership will remain open until June 15, 2019.  Price increases
will occur on April 1st, and June 15th, 2019.  To receive a price before it
increases, you must submit the online membership application which is
available on the BPA website and send payment by the date listed (Paypal
payment sent or check postmarked by the dates listed).

For details on the different levels of membership, visit the BPA Membership
Terms and Conditions Page at http://www.boardgamers.org/about_terms.html .

FINAL LIST OF EVENT GM'S:  Thanks to everyone who stepped up to fill the
open GM slots as the deadline approached.  The final list of GMs can be
found at http://www.boardgamers.org/wbc_preparation_pelorphans.html .

BOARD OF DIRECTORS VOTING OPEN: Six Members appear on the ballot for
election to a three year term on the BPA Board of Directors.  The slate
features two incumbents and four challengers.  The list of candidates and
their statement can be found at
http://www.boardgamers.org/about_election2017.html .  The voting for the
Board of Directors candidates is now opened.  Members are encouraged to vote
on who you believe would be the best candidates on your BPA Board of
Directors.  Voting will end on June 1, 2019 and winners will be announced at
the BPA Annual Meeting on Tuesday July 23 at 3pm in the Grand Ballroom at
Seven Springs.  Voting is easy with an online ballot which can be found at
http://www.boardgamers.org/forms/BoardBallot.shtml .

SEVEN SPRINGS RESERVATIONS:  Hotel Reservations now available for stays of 4
nights or more.    Remember that Reservations at Seven Springs for
Condos/Townhouses, Chalets, and Cabins can also be booked at this time.  For
more information, visit the lodging page on the BPA website at
http://www.boardgamers.org/wbclodging_7S.html

PBeM NEWS:

TWILIGHT STRUGGLE TOURNAMENT TO BEGIN IN MAY:  The 4th Twilight Struggle
tournament to begin around May 8, 2019.  The tournament will use PlayDek for
the games. Ron Jacobsen will be hosting this year's PBeM tournament.  Sign
up by April 30th by sending an email to Ron at
<mailto:twilightstrugglegm [at] gmail.com> twilightstrugglegm [at] gmail.com .
More
details on the tournament can be found at
<https://twstourney.wordpress.com/> https://twstourney.wordpress.com/ .

PRO GOLF PBeM TO BEGIN APRIL 1:  The tenth BPA Pro Golf PBeM tournament will
start on April 1, 2018.  For more information visit
<http://user.nktelco.net/bdmonnin/pro_golf_pbem.html>
http://user.nktelco.net/bdmonnin/pro_golf_pbem.html . To sign up, contact GM
Bruce Monnin at  <mailto:bdmonnin [at] nktelco.net> bdmonnin [at] nktelco.net

ADEL VERPFLICHTET STARTING APRIL 15: Adel Verpflichtet, Hoity Toity, and By
Hook or By Crook:  Join the new tournament today!  Play begins on April 15.
Deadline to sign up is the last day of March.  Don't wait until all your
thieves are in jail to sign up!  See all the details at:
<https://www.gameaholics.com/adv_bpa/adv_format.htm>
https://www.gameaholics.com/adv_bpa/adv_format.htm .

ADVANCED CIVILIZATION BEGINS APRIL 15:  The 2019 Advanced Civilization PBeM
tournament will begin on April 15, 2019.  Tournament information can be
found at  <http://bpa-civ.rol-play.com> http://bpa-civ.rol-play.com.

NEXT AFRIKA KORPS TOURNAMENT READY FOR SIGN-UPS: The Afrika Korps 2019-20
email tournament will start approximately April 15, 2019. Contact GM Ed
Menzel (edmenzel [at] roadrunner.com) to sign up. It will be single elimination
with auction bidding for sides. Round lengths will be 3 months with the same
rules as at WBC. Details including past history are available on the
tournament web site -  <http://afk-game.com/> http://afk-game.com/ .

WATERLOO 2019-2020 TO BEGIN IN APRIL: The Waterloo 2019-20 email tournament
will start approximately April 15, 2019. Contact GM Ed Menzel
(edmenzel [at] roadrunner.com) to sign up. It will be single elimination with
auction bidding for sides. Round lengths will be 10 weeks with the same
rules as at WBC. Details including past history are available on the
tournament web site -  <http://watgame.com/> http://watgame.com/.

MARCH MADNESS 2019 TOURNAMENT UPDATE:  As everyone filled out their brackets
for the college March Madness, we once again approach the time when the real
tournament starts to catch up with our own.  With seven of our eight Elite
Eight spots already claimed, and the final spot just about to be decided,
March Madness enters the Sweet 16.

Of the Elite Eight teams in our tournament, six are run by just three
owners, as Derek Landel, Ron Emch and Bruce Monnin all advanced both of
their teams to the Elite Eight.  Could this be the year we have our first
championship games where both teams have the same owner?  For more
information, visit the tournament website at
http://user.nktelco.net/bdmonnin/mms_home_page.html .

BPA PBeM REMINDER: ... all of the above PBeM fun is free to current BPA
members.

Others may qualify with a $10 Email membership in the year the event starts.

All multi-day paid attendees to WBC are current BPA members for the balance
of that calendar year.

BPA members who would like to see an email tournament for their favorite
game are encouraged to step forward as the GM of such an event. BPA does not
run tournaments. Rather, we are an organization of gamers lending support to
one another so such events can happen. No one cares as much about your hobby
as you do. Get involved. See the requirements to host a BPA email tournament
at http://www.boardgamers.org/pbem.html on the BPA website at
http://www.boardgamers.org .

SOCIAL NETWORKING: Keep up with WBC electronically by joining the World
Boardgaming Championships (WBC) Facebook group and the BPA_WBC Twitter Page.

You can also easily find us in the Boardgame Geek Forums under Gaming
Related/ Conventions/WBC and Consimworld under Conventions.

          . BGG: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/forum/970241/boardgamegeek/wbc

          . Twitter: https://twitter.com/BPA_WBC

          . Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2381468400/

          . Consimworld: http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX/?14@@.1dd15816