BPA March News
From: Donald Greenwood CD (cdboardgamers.org)
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 08:27:34 -0700 (PDT)
WAM AFFILIATION ENDS: 2013 saw the last rendition of the Winter Activation
Meeting, at least as a BPA conference. Your Board has decided to concentrate on
WBC and will no longer be sponsoring mini-cons in the foreseeable future. The
laurels won at the 2013 WAM will be counted toward our 2013 Caesar competition,
but thereafter only WBC and BPA email tournaments will count toward those
totals. We extend our gratitude to Keith Wixson and Terry Coleman for being
exemplary hosts during its 11-year run under the BPA banner.  Archival
information about all of our previous mini-cons is available on the WBC website
at http://boardgamers.org/#archives

WBC EVENT GM ASSIGNMENTS:  The Orphans List has been updated for the last time
to reflect the third wave of GM commitments for WBC 2013. In all, 9 eligible
events remain orphaned without a GM commitment by a current member with less
than 24 hours remaining until the schedule is set in stone. Waiting in the
wings are 13 eligible alternates waiting to replace events without a GM
commitment. Check out the endangered list at
http://www.boardgamers.org/wbc/orphans.htm.  To save one of these poor orphans
submit an event form at http://www.boardgamers.org/forms/SubmitEvent.php no
later than March 15th and become a current member if you're not already.

ENDANGERED EVENTS:
Carcassonne
C&C Ancients
C&C Napoleonics
Few Acres of Snow
House Divided
Manoeuvre
Stone Age
Caveman; Quest for Fire
Copycat

Note that the "requested" times are just that: requested. No times are official
until they've gone through the scheduling process and been assigned available
space. All GMs with "TBD" times are reminded that NOW is the time to make your
final requests or forever hold your peace. This applies especially to Demos.
Those requesting Tu18 or Tu17 time slots are urged to submit a second choice as
the requests already exceed supply.

WBC VENDOR/EXHIBITOR LINKS: BPA welcomes Days of Wonder, Udo Grebe Game Design,
 Conquistador Games and Plaay.com who have joined our returning favorite
publishers with a presence at WBC 2013. You can find prominent links to all of
them on our homepage.

PBeM NEWS:

PACK WINS ADEL VERPFLICHTET:  John Pack won his own PBeM tournament for the
first time to go along with three WBC titles for the art collecting/stealing
game and take over top position in the BPA laurels standings for the game. The
victory came over a field of 25 players spread over 30 games. Other laurelists
included Mike Kaltman, Kevin and Laurie Wojtaszczyk, Tom DeMarco and George
Seary in that order. Complete details including updated laurel totals can be
found at   http://boardgamers.org/yearbook13/advpge.htm#pbem

PRO GOLF: Its time again for that ultimate test of skill: PBeM Pro Golf! Can
you steal Yoshi's green jacket? The fourth annual BPA PBeM rendition begins on
April 1, 2013, approximately one week before the 2013 Masters tournament
begins.  Email GM Bruce Monnin (bdmonnin [at] nktelco.net) to enter. For
details, see the event webpage at:
http://www.nktelco.net/bdmonnin/pro_golf_PBeM_2013.html

WAR AT SEA Final Approaches: The ninth BPA War At Sea PBeM tournament is
entering the home stretch as Rob Drozd has secured his place in the Final with
an Axis win over perennial contender Vincent Meconi. Rob now awaits the winner
of the Tim Tow/Ed Menzel match to complete the other bracket. For two of the
three it will represent their first War At Sea title. Ed won the 2000 PBeM
title.

MARCH MADNESS: As the real thing approaches, the Tenth Annual BPA March Madness
tournament is well advanced. Only 12 teams remain in contention with Bill
Edwards, Pete Stein, Dennis Nicholson, Derek Landel, Steve Caler and Jeremy
Billones all having taken their teams to the Elite Eight.  Six other teams are
still vying for the last two spots. Check the  brackets at:
http://www.nktelco.net/bdmonnin/mm-brack-2013.htm

Visit the BPA website at http://www.boardgamers.org

If you are not already receiving our monthly newsletters, please subscribe by
visitinghttp://lists.boardgamers.org/mailman/listinfo/bpamail to confirm your
address. Subscribing is free, takes only a moment and ensures your privacy. We
are unable to add you to our mailing list otherwise.