WBC Welcome
From: Donald greenwood (doncon99toad.net)
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 18:12:25 -0700 (PDT)
It's here at last! Thanks to one and all for a record pre-registration turnout as we head into another highly anticipated WBC. Pre-registration is now closed. We invite everyone who failed to pre-register who is interested in a great gaming time to register at the door.

However, you can still avoid the aggravation of waiting in New Holland to have a badge printed by emailing doncon99 [at] toad.net by Tuesday. Just tell us when you plan to arrive and the length of your stay and we'll have your badge pre-printed and waiting for you to pay upon arrival.

And if you're already pre-registered and thinking of taking in a pre-con that you did not register for, we'll do the same and even save you the added expense of at-the-door rates. Just tell us what pre-con you want to add and we'll adjust your badge accordingly ahead of time. Help us help you by cutting down the wait at registration.

AUCTION: The WBC Auction is sold out but you may still register items for the Auction Store until midnight, Tuesday, July 29th. No items will be accepted for either the Auction or Auction Store which have not been pre-registered. You may bring items for the Store with three timed set sales prices up to $30. Be sure to download Auction Store forms so you can have them completed when you arrive with your items and Pre-Register what you will bring to AuctionStore [at] boardgamers.org. The Auction Store Administer will then send you the lot numbers for your Auction Store Items. This form will be used to track your sales. The lot number should then be entered on your Auction Store Item Sheet that you bring with you to WBC. The Registration Fee is due at the time items are dropped off. See http://www.boardgamers.org/wbc/auctionstore.htm for details.

The WBC Team Tournament has enjoyed a record turnout and has shattered the old record for entries with nearly 90 teams trying to stop the Nest of Spies four-pete. See the Happy Handicapper's picks at http://www.boardgamers.org/wbc/teamtour.htm and remember to post your own score on our self-scoring Team Tournament display in the Ballroom Foyer.

See you next week. Drive safely.

Don Greenwood

Visit the BPA website at http://www.boardgamers.org

If you are not already receiving our monthly email newsletters, please subscribe as directed below as we are unable to add you ourselves. To receive our free monthly newsletters you MUST join the BPA mailing list by visiting http://lists.boardgamers.org/mailman/listinfo/bpamail to confirm your address and your desire to be on this list. Subscribing takes only a moment, ensures your privacy, and increases likelihood of receipt. The newsletter will continue to be posted in the WBC folder in the Conventions section of Consimworld and on our website but will otherwise be unavailable to those who do not join the list in this fashion. If already receiving the BPA News you need take no additional action.

  • (no other messages in thread)