BPA June News
From: Don Greenwood (doncon99toad.net)
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 14:31:02 -0700 (PDT)
LANCASTER HOST SELLOUT: Due to the overwhelming response for the 2005
World Boardgaming Championships, the Lancaster Host Resort is currently
sold-out. Reservations are being referred to the full-service America's
Best Inn,located just next door from the Lancaster Host.  Please call
717-393-5499 and ask for reservations and be sure to ask for the World
Boardgamers group rate of $89 per room, nightly, subject to tax. However,
if staying at the Host itself is important to you, call the hotel at
717-299-5500 weekdays between 8 AM and 7 PM EST and ask to be put on a
waiting list for cancellations.

AUCTION 05: The sequel to last year's very successful auction debut at
WBC is already nearly half full. This year's auction will be expanded in
both space and time but will again be limiting the number of lots
accepted so as to finish prior to the start of official WBC gaming
events. A heavy turnout is expected and Pre-Registration of lots is
highly recommended. See the details at
http://www.boardgamers.org/wbc/auction.htm

ELECTION '05: This year's election of three members to serve a three-year
term on the Board of Directors is now at mid-point. Only four weeks
remain to vote. The official postal ballot is printed on page 93 of the
2005 Program. Those wishing to vote by email may do so now by consulting
the e-ballot at http://www.boardgamers.org/election.htm and e-mailing
your votes to doncon99 [at] toad.net prior to July 15th, 2005.

DAYS OF WONDER will be providing a free WBC Campaigns scenarios booklet
to all entrants of its Memoir '44 tournament. In addition, designer
Richard Borg and Eric Hautemont will be running giant-scale versions of
Bastogne and Sword Beach on Thursday at 3 PM in Ballroom A. These games
will each have four players per side and last about one hour. Make a note
of it as these attractions were added too late to appear in your program.

WBC REGISTRATION: Are you registered to attend our inaugural bash in our
enlarged new site in Lancaster? Need a roommate? A carpool to/from the
airport? Solve all three with a quick visit to our Pre-Reg page at
http://www.boardgamers.org/wbc/prereg.htm

RISK BONUS: This year's RISK tournament at WBC will feature an added
bonus. The winner will receive free admission and lodging at the 17th
Annual Risk Championships in Stroudsburg, PA on Oct 14th-16th with a
chance to vie for a $500 cash prize. Our second and third place winners
will also receive free admission. For more details, see www.Risktoc.org

WBC SCHEDULE ON LINE: The 2005 version of the WBC schedule is now on line
in glorious detail as only WBC does it. Start with the full color
All-in-one schedule graphic at http://www.boardgamers.org/wbc/allin1.htm
or download it all in pdf. Then move on to the Personal Scheduler to plot
your week's schedule at http://www.boardgamers.org/wbc/sviewer/index.htm.
And for more detailed information on the events of your choice, check out
each event's individual Preview page at
http://www.boardgamers.org/yearbook/index.htm
======================

BPA PBeM NEWS

Hurry! There's still time to enter our latest PBeM tournaments scheduled
to start on Wednesday ...

MONTY'S GAMBLE: Hosted by Brian Youse of Multi-Man Publications and
scheduled for a June 15th start. Get all the details at:
http://www.multimanpublishing.com/pbemtournaments/mgmgpbem.html

AFRIKA KORPS: The BPA's 2nd Email tournament for this venerable classic
hosted by Bruno Sinigaglio is slated for a June 15th start. Sign up at
http://www.bpaclassics.org/afrika_korps.htm

PANZERGRUPPE GUDERIAN: Now scheduled for a July 15th start is our first
email tournament for this SPI classic. Check it out at
http://armchair-warrior.tripod.com/

GETTYSBURG PBeM has completed Round 2 and is now entering the
quarterfinals. Advancing players are Ted Drozd, Bill Place, Mike Pacheco,
Bill Thomson, Tom Grode, Barry Shoults, Ed Menzel, and Vince Meconi.
Barry Shoults averted a Confederate shutout in Round 2 by
managing a Union win in the last match to report. The quarterfinal round
will end on August 30, 2005.

==============================

All BPA PBeM tournaments require current BPA membership when the event
starts. All multi-day paid attendees to WBC are current BPA members for
the balance of that calendar year. Associate Calendar year memberships
enabling play in all PBeM events starting in that year cost only $10 and
earn discounts for admission to all BPA gaming conferences. You need not
keep your membership current in order to finish a PBeM event. Players may
join the BPA throughout the year. Members are reminded they can upgrade
their current memberships at any time by remitting the additional funds.
See http://www.boardgamers.org/bpaterms.htm for details.

BPA members who would like to see an email tournament for their favorite
game are encouraged to step forward as the GM of such an event. BPA does
not run tournaments. Rather, we are an organization of gamers lending
support to one another so such events can happen. No one cares as much
about your hobby as you do. Get involved. See the requirements to host a
BPA email tournament at http://www.abovethefields.com/top_pbem/

If you have not yet subscribed to our new mailing list, please do so as
we are unable to add you ourselves. To receive our free monthly
newsletters you MUST rejoin the BPA mailing list by visiting
http://lists.boardgamers.org/mailman/listinfo/bpamail to confirm your
address and your desire to be on this list. Subscribing takes only a
moment, ensures your privacy, and increases likelihood of receipt. The
newsletter will continue to be posted in the WBC folder in the
Conventions section of Consimworld but will otherwise be unavailable to
those who do not join the list in this fashion.

Visit the BPA website at http://www.boardgamers.org