BPA May Newsletter
From: Don Greenwood (doncon99toad.net)
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 03:10:06 -0700 (PDT)
WBC SCHEDULE ON LINE: The 2005 version of the WBC schedule is now on line
in glorious detail as only WBC does it. Start with the full color
All-in-one schedule graphic at http://www.boardgamers.org/wbc/allin1.htm
or download it all in pdf. Then move on to the Personal Scheduler to plot
your week's schedule at http://www.boardgamers.org/wbc/sviewer/index.htm.
And for more detailed information on the events of your choice, check out
each event's individual Preview page at
http://www.boardgamers.org/yearbook/index.htm

AUCTION 05: The sequel to last year's very successful auction debut at
WBC is now accepting pre-registration of lots. This year's auction will
be expanded in both space and time but will again be limiting the number
of lots accepted so as to finish prior to the start of official WBC
gaming events. A heavy turnout is expected and Pre-Registration of lots
is highly recommended. See the details at
http://www.boardgamers.org/wbc/auction.htm

ANNUAL MAILING: BPA's annual WBC mailing is scheduled to occur on June
1st. This year's program/Yearbook will be mailed to all current members
residing in the U.S. on that date (one per household). All others will
receive theirs at check-in. Pre-registration forms will also be mailed
then to all on our mailing list. If your mailing address has changed
since you last contacted us, please advise us immediately at
doncon99 [at] toad.net. Mail lost due to an incorrect address will not be
remailed.

WBC REGISTRATION: Are you registered to attend our inaugural bash in our
enlarged new site in Lancaster? Need a roommate? A carpool to/from the
airport? Solve all three with a quick visit to our Pre-Reg page at
http://www.boardgamers.org/wbc/prereg.htm

RISK BONUS: This year's RISK tournament at WBC will feature an added
bonus. The winner will receive free admission and lodging at the 17th
Annual Risk Championships in Stroudsburg, PA on Oct 14th-16th with a
chance to vie for a $500 cash prize. Our second and third place winners
will also receive free admission. For more details, see www.Risktoc.org

BLOCK PARTY II: Congratulations to the Columbus Area Boardgaming Society
for hosting the successful Block Party II mini-con last week and to Rick
Young, Bruce Reiff and Mike Sims for their wins in the Hammer of the
Scots, Liberty, and War of 1812 events respectively. Laurels will be
posted soon. A more detailed report will be forthcoming on our website.

ELECTION '05: This year's election of three members to serve a three-year
term on the Board of Directors is open. The official postal ballot is
printed on page 93 of the 2005 Program. Those wishing to vote by email
may do so now by consulting the e-ballot at
http://www.boardgamers.org/election.htm and e-mailing your votes to
doncon99 [at] toad.net prior to July 15th, 2005.

======================

BPA PBeM NEWS

MONTY'S GAMBLE: The BPA announces the start of a PBeMail tournament for
this Century event hosted by Brian Youse of Multi-Man Publications and
scheduled for a June 15th start. Get all the details at:
http://www.multimanpublishing.com/pbemtournaments/mgmgpbem.html

AFRIKA KORPS: The BPA's 2nd Email tournament for this venerable classic
hosted by Bruno Sinigaglio is slated for a June 15th start. Sign up at
http://www.bpaclassics.org/afrika_korps.htm

PANZERGRUPPE GUDERIAN: Still in the organization stage without an
official startup date is our first email tournament for this SPI classic.
Check it out at http://armchair-warrior.tripod.com/

ANZIO ENTERS ROUND 4: Ten players remain alive in this Double Elimination
event led by three unbeaten players with three wins each ... Tom Oleson,
Steve Likevch, and Chris Harris. Follow the action at
http://www.bpaclassics.org/AnzioHomeSep02.htm

==============================

All BPA PBeM tournaments require current BPA membership when the event
starts. All multi-day paid attendees to WBC are current BPA members for
the balance of that calendar year. Associate Calendar year memberships
enabling play in all PBeM events starting in that year cost only $10 and
earn discounts for admission to all BPA gaming conferences. You need not
keep your membership current in order to finish a PBeM event. Players may
join the BPA throughout the year. Members are reminded they can upgrade
their current memberships at any time by remitting the additional funds.
See http://www.boardgamers.org/bpaterms.htm for details.

BPA members who would like to see an email tournament for their favorite
game are encouraged to step forward as the GM of such an event. BPA does
not run tournaments. Rather, we are an organization of gamers lending
support to one another so such events can happen. No one cares as much
about your hobby as you do. Get involved. See the requirements to host a
BPA email tournament at http://www.abovethefields.com/top_pbem/

If you have not yet subscribed to our new mailing list, please do so as
we are unable to add you ourselves. To receive our free monthly
newsletters you MUST rejoin the BPA mailing list by visiting
http://lists.boardgamers.org/mailman/listinfo/bpamail to confirm your
address and your desire to be on this list. Subscribing takes only a
moment, ensures your privacy, and increases likelihood of receipt. The
newsletter will continue to be posted in the WBC folder in the
Conventions section of Consimworld but will otherwise be unavailable to
those who do not join the list in this fashion.

Visit the BPA website at http://www.boardgamers.org

Don Greenwood

Visit the BPA website at http://www.boardgamers.org